Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 5, Reflections

First of all, Rubistar rocks! Webquest is something, too.

Rubistar is quite versatile. I have been working on rubrics for a while. Some of them work; some other need lots of improvements. I will post them all before the end of the training so everyone can make comments on them and maybe pull out some ideas. I will do the same with yours. Do not sue me please. Maybe we can come up with some kind of failure-proof rubrics. That is just too much idealism, I know. Just saying ... However, I have seen pretty nice pieces of work at  https://sites.google.com/site/webskillswikiwinter2010/home/rubrics.
 
Webquest  also has lots of potential, especially because it gives you lots of ideas to follow, so you do not need to overexert your creativity or run the risk of running out of ideas. I am just exaggerating, but it is true. Talking about performance and results, it is not about working harder but smarter.

Talkinng about the project, I still see a long way to go, but I think we are moving at a good pace. I like the way we have approached it: describing target students, describing issues, and describing changes. I think it is a quite logical order.

It is a shame I could not find the time to work on the Webquest project. Again, it is very good tool and very user-friedly, too.

I appreciate people's comments and suggestions. For example, Shuhudha made me think about something important I had skipped at talking about the tecnology-enhanced change. That was really good. Same about you Robert and Marine.
I hope you like the sites I have forwarded.

JC

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I could not manage time to work on the Webquest project, too. Yet, I determine to try it later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the interesting websites you have discovered. My daughter was particularly impressed by the avatars.

    I didn't have time to create a web quest during this week either but it's unlikely that our enthusiasm ends in five weeks when this course is over. There's still time to make a webquest - the important thing is knowing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's keep in touch. We can work on something big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Juan Carlos

    I have received the links you have sent me. But the one that kept my attention is www.oddcast.com.
    How would you use this tool? I mean, when you write a sentence and the lady repeat it, so do you develop or improve your writing skill? I would like to know your opinion?

    Thanks for sharing this information with us.

    ReplyDelete