Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week 4, Reflections



Things are getting even better. Lots of resources and tips to put them to work for teaching and learning purposes. We have covered the 4 areas so far. I like the lesson plan explanations found on http://edtech.tennessee.edu/~bobannon/lesson_plan.html even better than the template we were required to use. I think they are pretty clear explain in detail the main components a lesson plan should have. I am still using the ABCD formula. It is working quite well for me since I am not good at this. It gives me a good framework. I am not a good lesson planner. Then, if anyone knows about other good templates, I will appreciate your sharing them with me.

I like the idea of making conections between the material we are dealing with and our actual classes. That helps give a practical purpose to all we are learning.

http://www.manythings.org/ is also good. I think I need to start looking for more techniques to use them in my classes. I need to avoid using the same techniques over and over. I need to add variety to my classes.

Link sharing has also been very productive.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Juan Carlos,

    You can find a lot here www.lessonplans4teachers.com/templates.phpf templates
    However, I think you can create your own based on what best work for you and your institution.
    I like to compare planning with a hamburger: the bottom bun represents preteaching,the meat is the teaching and the top bun is the post teaching. What you add in between is what makes your class special and unique.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that site, Ana. That's going to help me a lot. I am trying to come up with a fail-proof template. I think the best way to do it is pulling out the beast of each.

    Hey, did I mention we have a friend in common? Edith from the UTP Language Center. I told her about you. He speaks pretty high about you.

    ReplyDelete