Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week 10, Reflections



Hi,

It is kind of hard to decide which topic was the most successful or useful. All of them were very good, especially because of their practicality. I think what I liked the best was:
  •  the compilation of Websites to promote different language skills
  • the one-computer-classroom material (very applicable to our particular situation in Panama)
  • ANVILL of course and
  • the learning autonomy material
I think I will be able to use not just the ones listed above but many of the others. For example, talking about something as simple as PowerPoint, now I see it from a completely different perspective.  It is much more than a way to illustrate my lecturing. It can and should be adapted to promote students’ learning involvement, interaction, and collaboration. Its potential is huge.
 
I think the course should cover Moodle. However, like Robert said, it needs a server to work. On the other hand, it is a great online instructional platform. It offers lots of versatility and resources. Plus, I like it forum nested format.

 

It should also include the article Computer Assisted Language Learning: Increase of Freedom or Submission to Machines? I think it is pretty suitable for this course. It also contains a list of language skills related sites. It is a shame most of these sites are not active.

 

 

Other than that, I think the training is pretty solid. Resources were well-selected, explained, and implemented. I am more that satisfied with the e-course.

 

 

My special thanks to Robert. He did an excellent job. Classes  were developed clearly, smoothly, and productively. Plus, his encouraging words were a big plus. My classmates’ collaboration was another important aspect. People were up to help you and open to suggestions. I think we made a good team.

2 comments:

  1. JC,

    I also applaud Robert for putting together an excellent course. And of course his feedback and active involvement were invaluable - I wish I was as industrious a teacher myself!

    I kind of like Moodle too. I think it's an excellent tool for someone starting with online teaching. Even if it's not the most interactive forum, it's clear and easy to use. Though the resourceful person you are, you'll figure it out on your own :)

    All the best to you! Have a wonderful spring.

    Leena

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi JC yeah no doubt we made a nice team very diverse still stringed together by Robert.CALL is the need of the day as u said and language teachers need to look at the old things with new insight.

    wish u all the best.

    ReplyDelete